Followers

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sanrio's 50th

image: sanriobb.com

I remember as a kid, my mom has her own share of Sanrio collectibles that she can actually boast, except that she doesn't. When I checked the labels, they were all dated as old as 1976 and I wasn't even born! So maybe you'll have an idea where I got this affinity for premium Sanrio goodies! Too bad, I wasn't able to take pictures of the stuff she had back home in Manila. Maybe when I pay my hometown a visit, I'll try to make time for those photos to share with you. :)

I only initially thought that big-time events, such as the 50th anniversary of Sanrio, will all be happening in the land of Hello Kitty -- Japan! But even I was surprised that western countries go BIG in embracing this undying fad. Well, it's safe to assume that this is a universal fad. No wonder this global company grew into a $5 billion empire with such popular characters as Hello Kitty®, Little Twin Stars®, My Melody®, Patty & Jimmy™, Tuxedosam™, Keroppi®, Badtz-Maru®, Chococat® and lots more.

Now on its 50th year spreading cheer from all ages, inspired by their motto, "small gift, big smile", Sanrio launched a nationwide celebration that will include a cross-country mobile pop-up shop tour and special anchor events in Los Angeles and Miami.
image: sanrio.com

I would really love to attend these events to catch glimpses of my favorite Sanrio characters. Sadly, I'm unable to attend the November 6th Pop Up tour in San Diego because of personal things that I need to attend to first. But who knows, I might show up at the SMALL GIFT event currently being held in LA.

Now for those who wouldn't like to be so unfortunate to miss out on this once in a lifetime event (after all, Sanrio gets to be 50 years once), then take note of the following schedules in your area:
just check out the POP UP Tour schedules in your area.

Small Gift will share a memorable experience and smiles with fans across the country while offering a variety of keepsake Sanrio items and limited edition products to commemorate the company’s golden anniversary. A special 50th Anniversary iPhone App will provide fun facts about all the characters and allow fans to track all 50th Anniversary events, including truck location and product releases. For continually updated information regarding Small Gift, please visit www.sanrio.com/smallgift.

So, what are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails